Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #156

Good Morning all! I hope that your day is going well. I was up in the craft cave last night making some more goodies. This is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #156.



I did a couple new techniques (for me) on this card: heat embossing and rolled roses. I do believe that the heat embossing is addicting! I used felt and die cut the rose using a Die-namics die from MFT Stamps. I like how it turned out using the felt. I'm becoming something of a stamp hoarder, but with all the stamps I have, I don't have any that actually say 'Happy Mother's Day'. (or Happy Father's Day for that matter...) Go figure! I'll have to remedy that soon!

Here's the sketch this card is based on:


I used some older paper from DCWV (floral) and HOTP (green swirls). The pink and taupe ribbon I won from May Arts; stamps are from Paper Smooches and Hero Arts; flowers are from my stash. And of coarse, I used my Grand Calibur for the oval die cut. (one of the best toys I've purchased, if you ask me! ☺)

This card I'm sending to my Mom for Mother's Day. She's my greatest hero! ♥

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Chris ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.