Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sweet 16.../Drunken Stamper #118/SSSC#179

Good morning my peeps and welcome to another week with the Drunken Stampers! It's all about the movies this term and this week's challenge is challenge 118 - Sixteen Candles (birthday).



You can make a card based on the movie title, the sub-title (birthday) or go all wild like and do both! It's my off week but I still wanted to play along with Team Bahama Mamas. Here's what I came up with:


and the inside:



I based my card off of the current sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #179.


I loved this sketch for the big round element on it. It was perfect for using a negative die cut! Got out my handy dandy Slice machine and went to town! Hand cut the pennants, added some twine (love me some twine!) and some bling and called it a day!

If you haven't checked out the Drunken Stampers challenge blog, what are you waiting for?! You could be deemed "The Life of the Party"!! Don't forget to check out what Team Bahama Mamas have made and please visit their blogs and leave some love! Thanks for stopping by!

Chris


Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill (white); WRMK (yellow)
DP: MME - Quite Contrary: Jack and Jill
Stamps: MFT - More Essential Sentiments set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Adhesives: SA by 3L (EZ Runner), foam squares; Recollections - red tape
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Lg Standard Circles & Sm Classic Scalloped Circles Nesties; Slice Die Cutting machine, Words & Expressions holiday cartridge; MME twine; Recollections rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. I love me some twine, too, and love that wonderful die cut sentiment! Fabulous take on that sketch, Chris! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chris! This is so pretty! I love the colors you've used and that FAB negative diecut sentiment. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! So cool. I love the negative sentiment & that perfect row of gems - and that paper pad. I have just scraps left & can't bear to part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect sketch for a sweet 16 card! Great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute. Love the dimension from the cutout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.