Saturday, May 25, 2013

Drunken Stampers challenge 129: The Hangover

Hello my lovelies and happy Saturday! It's time again for another Drunken Stampers challenge! This week is challenge #129 - The Hangover!


I swear we had no IDEA that the third installment of this movie series was coming out now! LOL! As always for this term, our challenges are based on the movies: either the title or the theme. (In this case, Las Vegas) I have to admit, I've never seen this movie. (hanging head in shame. Only because my boyfriend, Bradley Cooper, is in it and I haven't seen the movie yet! LOL!) Anywhooooo, it's team Midnight Margaritas turn this week so here is my take on the challenge:


So, I went with the theme. After spending hours researching this movie (Googling the story line, quotes from the movie, and Vegas themed cards) I came across a Pinterest picture that showed wine glass charms. (go figure!) One of which said "snake eyes", and an idea was formed! After printing out 'snake eyes' on card stock, I used my Epiphany Crafts tool to make the charm. And guess what? Those dice were once ice cubes!


I masked the smiley faces and the melted water, then added the dots with a marker to make them look like dice! For reals?! Yep! (Yeah, I'm still patting myself on the back for that little bit of brilliance. HA!) But that is where the brilliance ended. I haven't finished the inside yet. Not sure what to do with that. But I'll think of something, I always do! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out what my Midnight Margarita teammates dreamed up!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. - June 2012 KOM
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Echo Park - Happy Days
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D Foam Squares; Helmar 450 glue
Accessories: Marvy Uchida markers; Epiphany Crafts round 25 tool, bubble caps & charm settings; Bead Landing jump rings; KI Memories ribbon; 'snake eyes' printed from Microsoft Word 

6 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO clever! LOVE the ice cubes turned into die!!! LOOOOOOVE that little charm too:) I saw this movie-- and I can't believe it is STILL going! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turning ice cubes into dice...you are like a crafty magician!!!
    And I love love love that charm!! Great work lady!!! (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, it couldn't have been better timed, eh? Maybe they'll give us some sort of promo bonus! (ha, I crack myself up)
    GENIUS idea with the ice cube dice - and hmmm. Something funny for the inside? Punny? 'lucky to know you', that sort of thing?

    OOOH, or when someone does something stupid, you could say 'what a winner!' Boy, I need a drink. That will help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really IS brilliant!! I wish I could look at a stamp and think of different ways to use it like this. What a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sure are creative, Chris! Turning those ice cube images into dice is brilliant! Totally adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done converting the ice cubes into dice!! Love the dangling charm too. Wonderfullly done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.