Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lilliana...SBS May challenge/SSSC#185/SOS#103

Hey peeps! I have a card to share with you all. I was coloring up in the craft cave last night. Haven't done any major coloring in a while it seems, so it was past time! This pretty little fairy is Lilliana. She's a free digi image to anyone who's a member of the Simply Betty Stamps Fan Group. All Betty asks is that you use the image for that month's challenge. Lilliana is for the May challenge.  (A gorgeous free image to color? Yes please!) Plus, the fan group has really helped me improve my coloring skills, what with all the tidbits of information and helpful coloring tutorials! (and signing up is free!) Anyway, onto my card:


Here is a close up.


And the inside:

My card is based off the the current Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #185, I just substituted the bling for the ribbon.



Since I used some older papers (the small strip is from Basic Grey's 2008 Ambrosia collection, and the chevron paper is from Recollection's 2011 Simply Autumn collection), I'm also entering this for the Shopping Our Stash #103 graduation  challenge. Also on the SBS challenge, you were prompted to use the colors white, black, yellow, and orange. I knew I wanted to use that Basic Grey paper, since it has all the colors in it. (It's hard to see, but there is even some yellow in it! Sweet!) After coloring her, I added some Stickles to her wings, because every fairy needs a little sparkle! The inside sentiment was printed using Microsoft Word. I thought it was a perfect pairing with the image and the graduation theme!

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by, and even though I'm entering these challenges all at the last minute, there's still time on all for you to enter them as well, if you are so inclined! Have a great evening!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamp: Simply B stamps - Lilliana digi 
Markers: Marvy Uchida
DP: Recollections - Simply Autumn (2011); Basic Grey - Ambrosia (2008)
Card Stock: Bazzill Basics - black; The Paper Co. - orange
Strathmore Water Color Paper
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Fleur de Lis boarders and Labels One Nesties; Stickles; Recollections - adhesive rhinestones; sentiment printed from Microsoft Word

7 comments:

  1. A fairy without sparkle would just be so WRONG. It was totally worth the time it took you to colour her - absolutely stunningly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous coloring job, Chris! Soooo love the little fairy and love the added sparkle and shine! You are brilliant to use this for a graduation theme! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully coloured image and great use of Karen's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card-- LOVE the glittered wings!! This is a great graduation card-- FAB x10000!

    ps...THANKS for leaving some love on the Virtual Smooches blog during the month of May!! I love that you enjoy watching my videos:) <3 You made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely graduation card - great coloring and papers too!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card and awesome colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.