Sunday, June 16, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks - Designer Draft June 2013

Hi all! I'm on vacation visiting our families back in Illinois and Wisconsin, but I did take some craft supplies, you know, just in case I got to create! And I did! I made a card loosely based on the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge - designer draft.


Here is the sketch:

                          

It's pretty much like the sketch, I just had to flip the sentiment and flower elements. I even did some masking for the sentiment! I stamped, colored and fussy cut the watering can. Stamped the flower (on two of them, I stamped off on some scrap then inked around the edges, one I just stamped off once before stamping). After fussy cutting I attached them to the watering can, one directly to the can, one using glue dots, and one with foam squares for different levels of dimension. The can was attached with foam squares also. I added the rhinestones, because I love al little bling... and I wanted to! Ha!

Sorry for the wonky non-watermark! I don't have my editing software on my laptop and had to go 'old school'! LOL!

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by! We may be going out on the pontoon to cruise the lakes one last time before heading back down to my parents tomorrow. Have a great day!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Green Thumb, Crystal Clear, Briny Blue
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan
DP: MME - Stella & Rose: Mabel
Card stock: Paper Smooches - Ed collection
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots
Accessories: Marvy Uchida Markers; Colorbok rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. Great card lady! Look at you creating while on vacay!! Love your "old school" non watermark!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favourite watermark of all time. OF ALL TIME.
    My family would probably kill me if I brought crafty bits on vacay - adopt me, please. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The little watering can is colored beautifully.
    And so glad you were able to have playtime on your vacation. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessi's comment made me giggle! lol. Love your take on the draft and I seriously need to ink that set up. I'm so jelly of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK! I love that you took craft supplies on your vaca! I wish I could take my entire room-- how do you pick and choose what to take!!??! LOVE it:)

    LOVE this card-- beautiful colors and papers! Great take on the sketch:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts challenge-- hope you play along with our photo inspiration challenge this week <3

    ps... I know I'm a bit late in leaving my comment! Time flies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this-what an adorable card. The sentiment is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.