Friday, July 19, 2013

Deepest Sympathy...MM#302 & CTD#251

Hello! I'm back with my second post today! I'm using the sketch from Mojo Mondays #302 and the colors from Color Throwdown #251:


Here's another angle:

...and the inside:

The inspiration:


I made the main panel by smearing broken china and peeled paint DI on my craft mat, spritzing some water, then laying the panel in the mess. Once dry, I tore the edge of some scrap paper, covered most of the panel with it and dabbed rich cocoa on the edge to make the 'land'. Then I stamped the trees. Instead of ribbon, I broke out my Sew Easy to make that border. (Love it!) I added the eagle sticker, then I adhered all the panels, using foam squares under the brown panel. I decided that this was going to be a sympathy card (yeah, we all need them) so I used this beautiful sentiment and finished with Deepest Sympathy under it.

So that's all for now. The fur baby wants a walk now, and I can't deny him that. (or anything!) LOL! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day! TGIF!!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado (trees); Unity Stamps July 2012 KOM (Anyone can...); Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings (Deepest Sympathy)
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Ranger DI - Peeled Paint, Broken China
DP: MME - Everyday Tango
Card stock: Bazzill Basics (brown, dark blue); Recollections (light blue, white)
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: WRMK - Sew Easy; DMC floss; Imagine Crafts sponge dauber; Momenta - Eagle sticker


4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Chris! So serene and peaceful, perfect for a sympathy design. LOVE that scene you created. And the hand stitched border is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWZA, Chris! This is a gorgeous card-- LOVE the background you've created with the inks! And that stitched border- AMAZING! Beautiful sympathy card!

    ps... I love that you said you can't deny your fur baby anything! LOL-- Olsen is spoiled too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous - I love the stitching! The scene you created is so peacefully perfect. And I just had to get that sentiment too - it's a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created such a fabulous scene...this is such a lovely sympathy card!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.