Monday, July 15, 2013

It's a Paper Smooch-Off!!!

Hi all! I have a fun post today. My Evil Doublemint twin, Jessi Fogan, of OneCraftyMama and I were talking one day and decided that since we both are obsessed, I mean, love Paper Smooches stamps, that we should do a Paper Smooch-Off! So, having figured out which sets we both own, we decided the only rule would be to use one stamp from two different, pre-determined sets. Free reign on anything else. No time limit, just to let each other know when they were ready to post. (to make sure any DT duties were taken care of first) Her son Connor, decreed that Zoo Crew and Green Acres should be used.

Holy moly! I swear I sat for a few days, starring at these sets side by side, thinking what the heck am I going to do with them!? They're soooo different! Finally inspiration struck when I glanced at the Slang Gang set and saw the "Sup?". My thought process went like this: Sup? up. height. What's tall. The giraffe!! Ok, one down. What's short? The hen? Nope. The chick! The chick could be saying 'Sup?' to the giraffe! Ok, going with that!


Since the chick talks on the front of my card, it went without saying that the giraffe should talk back on the inside:


My only problem was that the chick stamp faces the opposite direction. I fixed that by kissing it to another rubber stamp, using a marker to go over the image then stamping again on my water color paper. (I still had to go over it again with the marker) After stamping, I colored and fussy cut the chick and giraffe. After adhering the panels on my card base, they were adhered with foam dots. I die cut the word bubble, stamped "Sup?" and adhered with foam dots. In keeping with the height theme, I die cut a couple clouds, adhering one of them slightly off the card. (I just liked how it looked!) Stamped the inside and wham bam thank you ma'am! Done!

Ok, so if you haven't already done so, please go check out Jessi's card and leave us comments to let us know what you think! Thanks for stopping by!

Edited: Ok, Jessi totally rocked this challenge! How can one ever compare to hippo birdie two ewe?!!

Chris
Supplies: 
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Green Acres, Zoo Crew, Slang Gang, He Said She Said
PS Dies: Word Bubbles, Clouds
DP: DCWV - Green Stack; scrap (blue)
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; Elmer's extra strength glue stick; American Crafts Dots
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Marvy Uchida markers; Strathmore water color paper; Fiskars corner rounder

8 comments:

  1. ACK! That is SO GENIUS!!! I love it! The facing-the-wrong-way problem hit me too, and I never once thought of mirror stamping. DUH! You are too clever. AND you even used the clouds dies!
    You rock, evil twin :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive just popped over from Jessi's blog...... what a great mini challenge!!!
    I love your card too, that's the only way to greet a giraffe I believe :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are tooo cute! What a fun challenge you have set for yourselves, and I have to say I think you absolutely rocked it, Chris! You come up with the most creative ideas! And the way you flipped the chick image around is genius! I haven't peeked at Jessi's card, but I would say you absolutely nailed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muahhhhh ha ha ha ha evil double mint twins - you two are hilarious!
    I love love love this card Chris! Its fab-tastic!!
    Love the chick, the giraffe, the sentiments...too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessi sent me over. You nailed it too!! Too sweet
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love this idea. Your design is awesome by the way. Off to bug Jessi now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome it's so cute just love it. wtg, you nailed the challenge, love the idea of mirror stamping, never done it myself, takes brain power and with the heat I have NONE. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! I love it! I LOVE the idea of a Paper Smooch-off! I love the card-- front and inside! LOVE that the chick talks and then the giraffe answers back! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! AMAZING x10000000! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.