Friday, August 23, 2013

Thanks.../PS Sparks Cool Shades challenge

Greetings and happy Friday!! Are you set for a relaxing weekend? I sure am. What with major appliances in the kitchen crapping out on me this week, I need a relaxing weekend! Ok, I'm done whining. (No, I don't mean "wine-ing", besides, it's too early in the day for that! LOL!)

I played along with Paper Smooches Sparks challenge: Cool Shades. These are the colors given to work with:

(Cocoa, Coral, Kraft, and Yellow)

Here is what I came up with:


The inside of my card:

I love these colors! I masked off a section of the white panel then stamped different leaves in Rich Cocoa and Dandelion. (On the stamps using Dandelion, I also edged the leaf tips with Cantaloupe, a darker shade of yellow - to mimic turning leaves in Autumn.) I then stitched with coral floss along the edge of the leaves. I used the Hickory leaf die and cut it out of a scrap of coral paper. As I made this card yesterday, I was pondering what sentiment to use. Then I heard the mailman drop off the mail. (I knew that because Colby started to bark his head off! It's all a show - he was wagging his tail all the while!) Guess what was delivered? Happy Mail from Paper Smooches! WOO HOO!! My order came in the mail! Score!! True story. For Real! I'm so glad, because I really wanted to use the Many Thanks set on this card! I trimmed a piece of kraft paper, using a scalloped scissors on the smaller edges, then inked around all edges. Stamped the sentiment, adhered with foam squares, then added the Hickory leaf with a foam square also. I felt it needed a little bling so I glued a yellow rhinestone on the leaf! Finished the inside and was done!

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to go get some stuff done before the Heavens open up. Have a fantastic day and a fabulous weekend! Stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Leafy Greens, Many Thanks
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocos, Dandelion, Cantaloupe; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan
DP: scrap
Card stock: Recollections
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots
Accessories: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches Hickory Leaf Die; WRMK - Sew Easy; DMC floss; Provo Craft - scalloped scissors; Fiskars - corner rounder; rhinestone from my stash

6 comments:

  1. *sigh*
    so pretty!!! another beautiful PS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love that you also finished the inside of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! These colours have stopped me in my tracks, but you've mastered them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHUT UP IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY IN THE DAY FOR THAT. Pretty sure that any appliance crapping out is justification, but it sounds like more than one. That sucks monkey balls.
    Somehow fun mail makes it a little bit better. And Colby & Abby have a common goal - that mailman is up to no good. No good at all.
    LOVE the card you came up with - me too I was totally stumped by those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do a great job giving the insides of your cards some loving too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB job of layering those leaves! LOOOOOOVE the inside-- that sentiment is my FAV! And look at that stitching! WOWOWOWZA! FAB detail:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.