Saturday, September 21, 2013

Drunken Stampers challenge #142 Place: London

Good morning and welcome to another fun filled challenge from the Drunken Stampers! This term our challenges are based on a person, place, or thing. This week is a place: London!


I've never been there. To be honest I never wanted to. (But to visit Scotland would be awesome! Something about a man wearing a kilt...yummy!) But I digress, back to the challenge at hand! Team Tropical Hooters is up this week with their interpretations of this challenge - here's what I came up with:



Here is the inside:

If you follow me, you know I love a good punch line on the inside of my cards! LOL! I always hear that London is rainy and foggy, so I used gray card stock and some paper with umbrellas on it. The center panel looked plain so I stamped the opposite corners with this brick stamp. (I won this set and thought it was about time to start using it!) I printed the sentiments from my computer and assembled the card. Again I thought the inside panel looked plain so I stamped a big mug of beer on it! Sweet! 3D stickers with a London theme made easy work of it!

I hope you find time to play along with us at Drunken Stampers. Make sure you stop by my Tropical Hooters teammies to see what they dreamed up! Thanks for stopping by!

Pip Pip Cherrio!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Raisin Boat - Edgy Accents; Unity - Keep Calm Have a Beer Itty Bitty
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
DP: MME - Quite Contrary Jack & Jill
Card stock: DCWV (gray); Recollections (black, beige)
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: Paper House London Stickers; WRMK - glitter brads; Provo Craft Scalloped Scissors; Font: Snap ITC from Microsoft Word


9 comments:

  1. Awesome card girlie - and I love your sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Chris!! That card is awesome (possum) and the inside is perfect. I have been to London (and Scotland) many times, and totally the best part of any trip to London are the pub crawls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for this week's challenge, Chris! Love how you partially stamped the grey panel, and those stickers are just too cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Love the beer and bricks, they do add a lot of interest to the card. I'm up for the pub crawl,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job love the sentiment, That's just what they do in jolly old England.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, that's what I would do as a tourist...sample the pubs :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! That front is totally London! I had a ticket to visit there once (I lived in Germany and bought a ticket for one cent!!!! Great Military deal- but it ended up that I couldn't go. Super sad... But I only lost a penny!). Can't wait to go visit in the future!

    Fab card! And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!!! Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, adorable! You totally make me smile with your funny sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.