Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy 40th Birthday/DDWS#9

Good morning and hello my friends! I've been MIA these last couple of weeks due to back to back vacations. First a girls weekend with the ladies I play pool with. Then our beach vacation, which happily included both of my sisters joining us for part of the week. OMGee we had soooooo much fun! Lots of laughing, eating, goofing off, drinking wine, and just enjoying our time together!

See? We are a goofy bunch! LOL!

We all live in different states, and even though we talk/text on the phone all the time, it's rare that we get together in person. This vacation was an especially precious time for me! 

Ok, so enough about me, time to show you the card I made using the current Dahlhouse Designs Wanna Sketch #9:


Here is the inside:

I based this off of this sketch:


I flipped my card on it's side but otherwise I didn't stray too far from the sketch. I've used these stamps before, and had to ink them up again. One of my cousins that I've recently gotten back in touch with just turned 40, so of course I had to make a card for her! LOL! She shares our same goofy sense of humor so she'll appreciate it! The sentiment works perfectly with the paper bag die from Paper Smooches. After die cutting it, I crinkled it up, ripped the edge a couple times then went over it with Vintage Photo DI to make it look, well, old! LOL! I tucked the 40 Thickers inside the bag just enough so that you know what they are. Stamped that most excellent inside sentiment (lurves me a great punch line inside my cards!) and was done!

I hope you get to play along with Lisa's Wanna Sketch #9 challenge! This is another one of her sketches that I'm going to be using again and again!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day! I leave you with a parting shot:

Colby, our beach loving fur baby!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Unity Stamps - July 2012 KOM
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
DP: Studio Calico - Snippets
Card stock: Bazzill Basics (red); Recollections (kraft)
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; Recollections red tape
Accessories: Spellbinders Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches Shopping Bag Die; Doodlebug twine; American Crafts - Thickers and black marker

4 comments:

  1. This card is mean in the best possible way -- love it, Chris! Looks like you and your sisters had a blast together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great too for an old bag :) I love the "old bag" on the front! And you & your sisters make me think of me & my sister....a bunch of crazy people we are. I'm so glad you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh....hahahaa! You make the most fabulous and witty cards, Chris! You old bag........that kills me! What a brilliant idea! LOVE it!
    And how cute your photos are. I'm sooo glad you've been having such a wonderful time these last couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.