Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Bark-day....


Pssst! For my Shopping Our Stash post, just click on the link or keep scrolling down.

Good morning peeps! I want to share a card I made based on sketch #56 from the CAS-Colours and Sketches blog:



Here's the inside:

and the sketch:

When I saw this sketch, I kept thinking about a big pile of presents in the bottom corner. When I was looking through my stamps sets, I saw this cute doggie and immediately knew that pile of presents would become a pile of bones - a perfect birthday gift for that little guy! LOL! (Wish big indeed!) I made a handful of masks and kept moving them around as I stamped the pile. Colored the doggie and added shading to the bones with my Spectrum Noir markers, stamped the sentiment, finished the inside, and was done!

That's it for now. It's a rainy day here today (but warm, so I'll put up with the rain!) I should get some more housework done...but I'll most likely be coloring more images instead. (Hey, the housework isn't going anywhere.) ☺Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day today!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Birthday Buddies, Birthday Sampler, Paws for a Cause (bone)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: DCWV
CS: Copic X-Press It; The Paper Co.
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Fiskars corner rounder; black pen
Adhesive: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares

11 comments:

  1. HaHa housework never goes anywhere, super cute card, love your take on the sketch, I'd like to colour more too but I have to take the cat to the vet for blood work. Never again will I make an appointment in the afternoon when she is fasting. I feel like such a meanie. only two hours to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job masking that big pile of dog presents! The purple as accent colour is a great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, I love how you have created the pile of bones, - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for heaven's sake, shut down the challenge, Chris has won!! This is THE best take on any sketch challenge I have seen in dog's years!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh that is fantastic! I love the pile of dog bones!
    He's a happy pup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS colours and sketches entry - very creative and fun

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, SO stinkin' cute! And a totally brilliant idea for that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Love the take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Abby might die of joy if she had that pile in front of her! This is geniusly adorable - must file in my 'gotta CASE that sometime' brain cell :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veru cute card! What a fab take on the sketch. Love your adorable little dog with his pile of bones. Great stamping. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha fab fun card Chris! Clever idea with the pile of bones! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.