Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bear Hugs - Retro Sketch #107

Hi there, I'm back with another post today. It's a two for! Lucky you! LOL! (joking. sort of. wink!) Anyhooo, I based this card using the sketch from Retro Sketches #107:


Here's the inside:

and the sketch:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I bought a handful of wood mount rubber stamps from a clearance bin at a big box craft store. Along with a black ink pad, I thought I'd try my hand at stamping. Fast forward to today, I finally inked up one of the stamps! Yay me! Glad I waited the, oh, 7 years to ink and color Pooh Bear, because back then my mad coloring skilz weren't so mad. (Not to say they are mad now, just better.) Anyway, I mirrored the sketch to have my negative die cut on the other side. The paper used to die cut the heart has a bit of shimmer to it, and therefore, it was a bit hard to photograph. Just when I was about to snap pictures, I had an epiphany: This needs a bee! Back up to the craft cave I went in search of this bee stamp. (I knew I had it, I used it before) I had to do the stamp kissing thing as it's actually buzzing in the opposite direction (I used the solid circle stamp from PS - Hullabaloo for the kiss. That's why it's in my supplies list) I traced the image with a black marker as it doesn't come out very dark, then colored with white and yellow Prismacolor pencils. I hand drew it's flighty flight path. There. THAT'S better! LOL!

Well, that's it for today. I think. I hear my wine bottle calling me, so I must go comfort it. (wink!) Have a great evening and stay crafty my friends!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: All Night Media - Pooh Bear; Paper Smooches - Chubby Chum Pals, Spring Fling, Hullabaloo, Cosmos
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: Recollections (kraft, white); DCWV (reds)
Accessories: Spectrum Noir markers; Slice die cut machine & Basics 1 cartridge; white & yellow Prismacolor pencils; AC Slick Writer pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares


5 comments:

  1. Super cute Pooh card, love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I just adore this, Chris! I have been a life-long fan of Pooh bear, so this really makes me happy, happy! Love the negative heart cut out! And your addition of the little bee could not bee more perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooh is so cute!! Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! And get way to get the bee to go the direction you want to. I never remember that technique. I remember back in the early days of stamping that Pooh and Mary Engelbright were about all there were. From Hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh em gee, this is adorable - and the BEE! Totally makes the card. I love it :) And you HAVE mad colouring skillz, silly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.