Saturday, September 6, 2014

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #16 - O is for One (color)


Good Saturday morning to you! It's time for another fun challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS! This fortnight, we challenge you to make a card or project using ONE color. You can use neutrals in your project (white, kraft, beige, black), but make sure your focal color is predominant. Here's the card I made:


 Here is the inside:

I chose to use gold as my color. This card turned out so much better than I imagined, that I couldn't bare to snark up the inside. ;) I used a NBUS stamp and heat embossed it in gold. It was an experiment, since it's really detailed, and I wasn't sure if the embossing would blur it out or not. I think it turned out pretty good! The card base is covered with a panel of gold glitter paper, then the main panel on top of that. I had that little bitty extra space at the bottom, so I broke out the Sew Easy and sewed on a gold snowflake border. Kinda went well with the snow scene, I thought. ☺ The sentiment on the inside is also heat embossed. Once that was adhered, I went around the panel with a gold Gelly Roll pen. (Because there could never be enough gold piled on this card! LOL!)

 Here is another pic that shows all the shiny!

Ready to play along? Of course you are! Pick a color, any color, and make sure you link up your card or project at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. If you get a chance, please check out my teammies' blogs to see what fabulous creations they came up with! Thanks for hanging out here for a while. I hope you have a great day!

Hey, look at that, I made a gold Christmas card. Looks like I'll be entering this over at Jingle Belles for the "Baby it's GOLD outside" challenge. ☺

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Impression Obsession - Winter Scene 2; MFT - Seasonal Sentiments
Ink: Versamark
DP: DCWV - gold glitter paper
CS: Recollections (kraft); Darice (white)
Accessories: Stampendous - Pearl Lustre Champagne EP; heat gun; WRMK - Sew Easy; DMC floss; Sakura - gold Gelly Roll pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares 

13 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Chris! Fabulous in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the gold...still glad I am not the only one making Christmas cards all summer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say about Jingle Belles but you beat me to it :)
    LOVE the gold. LOVE IT. And the stitching is perfect - fiddly but it adds just the right touch of glam without overdoing it. BEAUTIMOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Chris! Love all that gold! SO elegant. And your stitched border is amazing. What a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how much do i ***LOOOOOOOOOVE*** this card?! hint: it's a really really REALLLLLLLLLLLY lot! every single thing about this is perfect, missus! thanks for taking a GILT trip with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that golden shimmer ... so glad you helped us go for the gold at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS stamp and card, love that stitched border, looks amazing
    Thanks so much for letting me join the Sisters this week
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. And YOU WON at Jingle Belles! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous...has me running to the IO website to see where I can get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you melted this down, Chrispy, you'd have a ring for each finger! This is so gorgeous!! Congratulations on winning a gold medal at Jingle Belles!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.