Saturday, September 20, 2014

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #17 - D is for Distressing!

Hello crafty peeps! It's time for a new challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS!

Sister Lee really outdid herself with this fantabulous graphic of Edna in "The Scream"!
LOVE IT!

This fortnight is brought to you by the letter D: as in Distressing! The Sisters would love to see how you distress your card or projects! Halloween cards are perfect for this technique, so that's what I made:


 Here's the inside:

I tried coloring images on kraft paper using Prismacolor pencils. I love how this came out! I used my distressing tool on every panel. I joked to my Sisters that I thought I dulled all the blades on just this card! LOL! All edges were inked using Walnut Stain DI. My card is based on Sweet Sunday Sketch #236. The DP and ribbon are recent purchases, but everything else I used on this card I've had for a while. 

Now it's your turn. Just make a card or project using distressing and link it up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! Be sure to check out what my teammies and our newest Queen of Snark: Sandra, dreamed up to inspire you and leave them some bloggy love! 

Thanks for stopping by, now go forth and get your craft on! 

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Inkadinkado - All Hallow's Eve
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain
DP: G45 - An Eerie Tale
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils; Tonic/TH - distressing tool; Michael's - ribbon; MME - Enamel Dots; Martha Stewart - alpha stickers; Fray Check
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Recollections - red tape




8 comments:

  1. Awesome Halloween card, great use of the sketch. Fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek is right -- this is fabulous! Perfectly distressed inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea of distressing and mine match! I like it when chunks of the paper come off when distressing. Great job! I am ready for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fan-freakin-tastic!! I am with Lee (and you) the more distressing the better even if big pieces are lost in the process. Awesome Hallowen card possum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto! (Fan-FREAKIN-tastic!) Need I say more?? Love It Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kraft & pencils with the glitter....this couldn't be more distressingly perfect! I still panic when a chunk comes off (even though that's the idea!) The spiderwebs in the EEK are just too cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your distressing is amazing! And I LOVE your Halloween design! The colored pencil work on kraft is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool Halloween card! I love all the distressing, and especially the cobwebs on the EEK letters! NJ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.