Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rock on....

Hey peeps. I'm back with a card I made using (new to me) dies. The other day whilst perusing Pinterest for rock and roll themed cards, I found an awesome card that screamed to me to be CASE'd. Unfortunately, I didn't note who made it and for some reason cannot-to-save-my-life find it again! So if this card looks somewhat familiar, thank you!


 here's the inside:

The original card was red, white, and black. It did have a partial stencil in the bottom right corner and red splotches, with the guitar popped over the stencil and a sentiment in another place on the card. But that's where I ended the case, as my version veered off, stage left, as it were. I used the big star and made that and the guitar center stage on my card. (See what I just did there?!) I stamped my sentiment in the bottom left corner, and also added black and smoke colored teeny tiny rhinestones around the star. (I'm hoping since I used said colors of rhinestones, that my nephew, to whom I will be sending this to, doesn't think it's too girly) ☺

It just so happens that the new Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp is called 'It's a Guy Thing', you know, make a masculine card. So I'll be entering this card over there.

Also, Naughty or Nice challenges has a 'New' themed challenge, and hey, I'll enter this there as well.

Lastly, but certainly not leastly, Darnell at djkardkreations has her 3rd NBUS challenge going on. 

Well, I should really stop now and get dinner ready. *koff* Thanks for lasting until the end and I hope your evening is a relaxing one!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Birthday Sampler, BeBoppin, Slang Gang
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; Ranger DI - Black Soot
Accessories: GC; MFT - Rock and Roll Die-Namics; Recollections - rhinestones; Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist candy apple red; Gourmet Rubber Stamps - Climbing Wall stencil
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Ranger - Glossy Accents


11 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute, I may have to case it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Chris, love the red, white and black color scheme. Thanks for playing along in the Simon Says Stanp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the grungy rock and roll vibe! Those splatters are deee-vine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your day rocks! I love it. It has a great rock and roll grunge vibe and not too girly at all! I think I might have the guitar die. I may have to CASE you! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty fab, and those sequins are like a sparkly rock star shirt. Think Neil Diamond and you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Call them studs instead of rhinestones and everything is just fine. :) This is definitely a dude card, and it's a rockin' one! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO up my alley! I may have to CASE this off of you :) Love the rock n roll feel and I'm glad you shared it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges :)
    Cheers!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super stylish! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a dude card and, well, Chrispy, you ROCKED it! (You see what I did there?) It should be bought by a television network for bigggg bucks to use as advertisement for an upcoming American Idolish kind of show!! (Or, better yet, to use on THE American Idol show!) I noticed that you like to speak parenthetically, which is also a fond trait that I have (well, maybe not fond to everyone) had forlikever! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3! (I appreciate your support!!) Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dinner, pfffft. This is utterly awesome, Chris! So perfectly guy-ish and it totally rawks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Loving the studded star and guitar. So perfect for a dude card. And love the subtle masking on the background. SO cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.