Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #195 No Foolin' - Use a Faux Technique



Good morning all! We have a new challenge starting today at SHOPPING OUR STASH! As the subtitle suggests, we want you to push yourself and use a Faux Technique on your card or project. Just some suggestions: faux stitching, faux silk, faux leather, there are many faux techniques to try! I've chosen to try the faux metal technique. Here's my card:


 Here's the inside:

This was the first time trying this technique out. The first thing I did was Google 'Splitcoaststampers faux techniques' and found this tutorial. Looked easy enough. And it was. Of course, what you don't see is the first three images I tried this on, and rejected because I didn't get a good enough impression in the gooey mess. Also, because I did this four times, I used up half of my copper EP! LOL! I used a couple of my all time favorite sentiment stamps and made a guy card. Both Andy's and my family are blessed with a sarcastic sense of humor, so this will go to either one of my brother's or one of his. ☺ I love how the antique car really looks like it's cast from metal! 

Oooh! Shiny!

I hope you try a faux technique and play along at Shopping Our Stash! While there, please check out the amazeball creations that my teammies made! Thanks for hanging out with me! 


I'd like to enter this at:














Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. - February & July 2012 KOM
Ink: VersaMark; Ranger DI - Walnut Stain
DP: Echo Park - This & That Charming
CS: Darice; Core'Dinations
Accessories: Stampendous - Detail Copper EP; heat gun; Cuttlebug - Diamond Plate EF
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! This faux metal technique is amazing! Such great details, Chris! And I love how fitting it is for a masculine card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he he I love that YOU.ARE. OLD. sentiment
    And the vintage-y old time faux metal truck??? Woot Woot, that is all kinds of crafty awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Chris! This is one of my favorite techniques and your project reminded me of how much I like it and how long it has been since I used it! The image is perfect as is your execution of this technique! Nice work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique. It really does look like metal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Unity set is generally a Snarky favourite, I do believe. :D What a perfect stamp to use for the faux metal technique (and glad it finally worked). Great background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the faux metal technique and fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh, it sure does look like the car is embossed copper! How brilliant, Chris! And what a fun and snarky card design, too. And that embossing folder you used is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so AWESOME! Love the textures and sentiment :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, that was what I googled too! I love how the car turned out, and I just got that folder - MADE for boy cards I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA!!!!!!!! that is the best sentiment EVER! :) :) :) also a beeeeeeeeeeautiful job on the :faux copper which looks incredibly realistic! awesome guy card! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.