Saturday, May 30, 2015

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #35 V is for Vellum!



No, your eyes are not going fuzzy. Our mascot, Edna is just showing you our new challenge at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS - V is for Vellum! We all have it. Now it's time to use it in some way on your card or project! Here's the card I made:


 Here's the inside:

close-up of the pretty flower


My first attempt at using vellum for this challenge was a failure. I made pretty trash. So, after finding a great sketch, I set to work. I found a big-ish flower stamp that had never before seen ink. (NBUS!) I stamped the flower in VersaMark onto vellum three times, and heat embossed in white. I fussy cut them out, first the entire stamp, then the petals, then the inner petals. They are all layered on thin foam squares. On the top layer, I went over it with Diamond Stickles, then glued seed beads in the center. The sentiment was heat embossed in silver, cut with decorative scissors, adhered, then the flower over that. Some additional pearls scattered finishes the front. I'm sending this to my parents for their 58th (that's right - 58th!!) wedding anniversary that's next week! (That's why there is no snark. I just couldn't do it on this pretty card. ☺)

I hope you get the chance to play along in our vellum challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Please be sure to stop by the blog to see what my Sisters, and our guest designer Jane, have come up with to inspire you, and leave them some love on their blogs! Thanks for stopping by and now go forth and get your craft on! ☺


I'd like to enter this at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge; Anything Goes
and Tuesday Morning Sketches #302 - (that is, if it was still open. DOH!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Unity - Quiet Essence; Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings, Wishing You
Ink: VersaMark; Colorbox - Silver; Brilliance - Silver
DP: Carta Bella - Sew Lovely
CS: Recollections
Accessories: Stampendous - white EP; Whispers - silver EP; heat gun; Ranger - Diamond Stickles; tiny beads from my stash; Provo Craft - decorative scissors; Creative Charms - pearls
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

7 comments:

  1. Holy moly those vellum flowers are fantastic!!!
    Happy 58th to your parents!!! An inspriation for the rest of us!!
    Fab job on the challenge sistah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty trash!! haha, omgosh, you crack me up, my friend! Well, your first attempt may have ended up in the bin, but I absolutely LOVE your final version! That flower is fabulous! Love the white embossing on vellum and love the bit of added glitter. It's all SO elegant and SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Chris, the vellum flowers are amazing and so pretty especially with the pearl centre :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZ! All that fussy-cutting... so worth it! An absolutely gorgeous card that will be perfect for your parents' anniversary, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! the vellum and glitter and pearls! this is fabulous :) Thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That is beyond stunning! The pearl centre (sneaky adhesive hiding!), those flowers...and 58 years! Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.