Tuesday, December 22, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #232 - My Precious



Good morning and welcome! At SHOPPING OUR STASH, it's our last challenge for the year, so this will run for two weeks instead of the normal one week. The girls are taking a break to spend time with family and friends over the Christmas and New Year holidays. ☺ 

So, what do we mean by "My Precious"? We want to you use something in your stash that you had no intention of using. Are you hoarding a special sheet of pretty paper? Do you have ribbon or lace on a spool with the shrink wrap still on it? Is that unopened package of funky embellishments collecting dust on your desk staring you down? Time to break the seals and actually use them!

In my case, I've had a spool of butterfly shaped ribbon I've been hoarding for years. The plastic wrap around it still intact. I finally used it. Well, I used one itty butterfly off of it. Baby steps, people:


 Here is the inside:


For the main panel, I masked a rectangle with post it notes, then sponged three inks inside. Over that I stamped the silhouette stamps before removing my mask, then added Crystal Stickles. Once dry, it still needed something so I added a double row of score lines around all edges. On a scrap piece of card stock, I stamped the sentiment, trimmed one side on an angle, then adhered with foam squares, then I cut ONE of the butterflies from the ribbon and adhered. Again, baby steps.

We hope you find some time in next couple of weeks to play along at Shopping Our Stash! The girls and I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, Happy New Year!




Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Meadows; Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday; Stampendous - Party Invite
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Tangelo, Rhubarb Stalk
CS: Paper Smooches, Darice
Accessories: Post-It notes for mask; Ranger - Crystal Stickles; Morex - butterfly ribbon; Martha Stewart - scoring tool
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots

8 comments:

  1. Well, Chris, every step forward, even baby steps, is an accomplishment! Lovely, lovely creation! I do so love the image and your focal composition is flawless! Using the gold really elevates this design. Great Job! Oh, yeah,,I understand about the butterfly!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I'd totally hoard that ribbon, too! Congratulations on breaking the seal and opening it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, super cute butterfly ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterfly shaped ribbon??? Yep that's definitely something I would hoard!
    Love it! So pretty against the bright background colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little butterfly is adorable, that is for sure! Love the sunny inked background to go along, and the sparkle on the flowers is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could go on for ages about the stuff in my stash that has gone unused. But really some of it is just too pretty, right? I applaud you for using your butterfly ribbon. It looks fantastic against your sponged background and the silhouette images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WELL DONE you... though... ONE butterfly is definitely BABY steps, lol! but still, i've definitely been there! in consolation i must say that this gorgeous card is the BEST possible home for said preciousssssss treasure! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Chris, the sunset colours are so beautiful! Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.