Tuesday, January 26, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #236 - Inspired by a Book


Hello crafty peeps. I hope all who were effected by Blizzard Jonas have survived and are, at least, partially dug out. As I type this, it's 3:15 pm on January 25th, and our street has yet to be plowed. UGH. So, that means hubby will be working from home again. I don't mind. He's been a great help to us and our neighbors as a shoveling machine! LOL! Me, not so much. I'm out there, but not nearly as much as he was. Carpel tunnel in both wrists + shoveling = short sessions outside.

Ok, enough with the griping, and on with the show. This week at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we challenge you to create a card or project that is inspired by a book. A challenge like this leaves it wide open for interpretation. I was inspired by the book "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. Here's the card I made:


Here's the inside:

 Here's a close up of the quote:



I searched for a silhouette on the Google and found this, which I adore. (I followed it to the original site, but I couldn't find it anywhere there, sorry, but thank you!) Then I Googled quotes from the movie and printed it out with the silhouette onto a die cut oval. I framed it with a scalloped oval and added pearls and some flowers.

I hope that you find some time to play along at Shopping Our Stash in our "Inspired by a Book" challenge. We'd love to see what you came up with! Just remember to let us know what book you were inspired by. Before I sign off, let me leave you with a few pictures of our weekend:





Did I mention that I live in the Baltimore, MD area? Yeah, it really sucked living here this past weekend. LOL! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!





Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: MME - Lucky in Love
CS: Darice; WRMK
Accessories: Computer and printer; Clip art and sentiment computer generated; GC; Std. Ovals & Scalloped Oval Nesties: Avery Elle - Pierced Rectangle die; Offray - flowers; Recollections - pearls
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner, 3D & Thin 3D foam squares




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the pearls this is so different from anything I have seen you make. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, my son lives in Montgomery County and when he called us after the 2nd day he said, "Believe me, Mom, the struggle is real!" His youngest (3 years old) couldn't play in the snow because she just sank down and almost went under. She told them that she wanted to live with Bubby and Zaidy in Georgia, during the winter.

    Your card is fabulous and I love Jane Austen. I am listening to Pride and Prejudice on audio book! My daughter and I decided we would revisit some of the classics! Wonderfully done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr your snow pictures make me cold!!! But the Colby pic made me smile :)
    Your card is all kinds of spectacular, perfect inspiration for Valentine's Day! Fab job sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, definitely Canada. :D Beautiful Austin-inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgoodness, your yard!! That is incredible! I hope you are dug out by now.
    LOVE your take on the book challenge. I think you found the perfect quote and image for this, and I love the elegant style of the design. That lacy oval die cut is fabulous. Loving your little flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. yes. blizzard. ack. why isn't it spring yet??!?!? meanwhile, this is very possibly the BEST card inspired by a book, ever, in the history of cards; and what a great book to pick, for that matter! nailed it! (as mr. darcy no doubt said after lizzie said yes, lol!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. As they say all over Facebook: I love looking at pictures of snow. From my home in Southern Arizona. Seriously, that is some serious snow stuff. Ick!

    Great idea for the inspired by a book challenge. I've not read Pride and Prejudice but hubby plans to take me to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies next weekend so I'm sure I'll get the jist of it (minus the zombies, of course). ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.