Wednesday, April 13, 2016

JUST US GIRLS #338 - Trend Week


Hello crafty friends. I'm home and in between flights back to Illinois, so I wanted to have some fun in my craft room (a.k.a. therapy!)  I'm popping in real quick with a card I made for this week's smooshing challenge at JUST US GIRLS! Here's my card:


Here's the inside:

I used four Distress Inks on my water color paper panel and had a lot of fun shooshing the colors. I took my heat gun to it to speed up the drying time. Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment a few times in black ink to get a dark impression, but it was still not working (because of the water color paper texture). So I stamped it again in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Worked much better! I added that over a scalloped frame then added some silver sequins.

I'm late to the party, but you still have another day before this challenge ends! I hope you find some time to play along at Just Us Girls! While there, please check out what my teammates, and our new Guest Designer, Angie Cimbalo, have created! Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great day!


I'd like to enter this card at The Challenge #68


Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Written in watercolor; Technique Tuesday - Umpteenth Birthday
Ink: Ranger DI - Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry; Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
CS: Bazzill; Strathmore Water color paper
Accessories: GC; Avery Elle - Pierced Rectangle die; SSS - Frames die; Inkadinkado - black EP; heat gun; Darice - sequins
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch scrapbooker's glue; Ranger - Glossy Accents

6 comments:

  1. That is a good idea to pop the versa mark on and black embossing powder. Having the Misti is fabulous! Loving the colours of your card and that bold and black sentiment really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Perhaps I should get a Misti, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent smooshing!!! And nice to see you back stamping for a little while at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome smooshing, nice to see you back, I've missed your humourous blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic use of this technique! Such a great card~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so pretty! Really love that little, black scallop! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.