Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SHOPPING OUR STASH #248 Chip Off The Old Block


Hello friends and welcome! It's time for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! This week, we want you to break out those chipboard bits and pieces you've been hoarding and use them on your card or project. I've had this box of chippies for I don't know how many years, and I think I've only used one or two so far. Yay me for using another piece for my card:



 and the inside:

I built my card around that pretty chipboard ring, pulling colors to use from the design on it. I think this is the first time I've used that postage stamp die, even though I've had it for over a year. (Yes. I know. Hoarder. Guilty) I thought a delicate butterfly would look cute resting on the ring, so I die cut it twice from lighter and darker pink card stock and glued them on top of each other. A couple sentiments finish off my card.

I hope that you get a chance to play along with our chipboard challenge at Shopping Our Stash! We'd love to see what you made. While there, why not check out what the design team have created for your viewing pleasure and leave them some bloggy love?! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!


I'd like to enter this card at The Paper Players #291 - CAS & Butterflies


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Happy Mom's Day
Ink: Memento - New Sprout, Tuxedo Black
DP: MME - Everyday Tango
CS: Bazzill, scraps
Accessories: GC; Memory Box - Vivienne butterfly die; SB - Postage Stamps die; MAMBI - chipboard ring
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch scrapbooker's glue

9 comments:

  1. Love how you've pulled in all the colours and that ring and postage stamp die are gorgeous, yes I've loads of chipboard bits but never seem to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love that chipboard ring it's pretty and love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Chris! I love the dimension on that butterfly, and the sentiment is absolutely fabulous. Loving the layering of that ring on the postage stamp frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so spring-y... so pretty... so perfect for mother's day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love how you pulled your inspiration from your chip board piece. Great colors and nice organization.
    HUGZ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layered butterflies and how you pulled the colours in from the chipboard piece...fab job sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the circle of patterned paper and your beautiful butterfly. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! Smart use of your hoarded, er, saved chipboard piece. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that chip board wreath. It's the perfect search for your sweet butterfly. This is a great looking CAS card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.