Thursday, June 28, 2012

BOOM!

Hey all! Do you make cards to celebrate July 4th? This will be a first for me, but I liked how it came out!



and the inside:


Here is the sketch once again:


If you've been wondering why I've been using the same sketch this week, it's because Karen Giron is having a design team call on her blog, The Sweetest Thing. This is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, using sketch #161. Click on the link to check it out and play along!

For my card, I used Echo Park's Dots and Stripes Metropolitan collection. I stamped the star burst  on the red paper with the big polka dots. I wound up a piece of the red striped paper to make a fire cracker, used some white DMC floss for the wick, and added gold glitter to the end to make it appear that it was lit! The stamps I used on the front are from Paper Smooches (star burst and the star) and the inside sentiment is from Hero Arts. I used my scoring tool from Martha Stewart to score the stars and bent them so that they were more dimensional. The kraft panel is embossed with Cuttlebug's star embossing plate. The stickers (BOOM!) on the inside are from Colorbok.

Thanks for stopping by today. Gook luck to all the talented ladies trying out for Karen's design team!

Have a great day!

Chris ☺

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great idea to use a 3d firecracker. I never make cards for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris this card is awesome!! I love the paper roll dynamite. Such a great idea!!

    Thanks for leaving such lovely comments on my blog. It really does mean alot to me.

    Renee xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.