Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sail away with Sparks!

Good Morning! I'd like to share with you a card I made for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge: Designer Drafts.


Here is the inside of the card:


Here is the sketch:


This sketch just reminded me so much of a sailboat so I took that idea and ran with it. (or, sailed with it!) Not only is there alot of paper piecing, but there is alot of masking too! I used stamps from 5 sets on the front of the card: seagulls from Get Outta Town; the H and U from Circle of Honor (atten-shun!); the b from Good Gab (blessings); the heart from Hubby & Wifey (I masked half the heart to create the 2 and drew the bottom with a marker); clothesline from Pip Squeaks (the stripes in the sail). I love the idea that the sentiment on the front also doubles as the registration numbers on the boat! LOL!  The inside sentiment is from Metropolis. Plus I used a bunch of paper scraps to make the boat. (Yeah, that paper scrap pile just got smaller!)

This was such a fun sketch to work with. I hope that you play along too! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Chris ☺

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOO fun! LOVE that large boat and the sentiment on the inside!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.