Sunday, January 27, 2013

Have a purrrfect day...

Good morning all! I hope this past week has been good to you, and you were able to get some crafting done! I made this card for my best friend, who has a birthday coming up. (What with being a new Mom, she doesn't use the computer much, let alone reads my blog, so I'm pretty safe saying that!)

I'm entering this for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge: Cool Shades, and also for Moxie Fab Worlds challenge #49: Make your own background paper.


And the inside:

Here are the colors for the challenge:


My friend is a cat lover, so this stamp set just HAD to be used! Look at that cute little kitty with the goofy grin! He's too stinkin' adorable! I stamped him in grey and white, fussy cut the eyes and teeth from the white and adhered, then fussy cut the kitty out and popped him on some foam squares. I made the background paper by stamping the fish skeleton, mouse, and paw print randomly around the panel. I rounded the bottom corners, and for something different, I adhered the white panel off center to the card base.

That's all I have for now. It looks like it's going to be a decent day today. Cold, but decent. Perhaps the hubby and I will go see a movie. We are both sci-fi geeks, so I'm thinking that new Hansel and Gretel movie!

I hope your day is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by!

Chris ☺

Supplies:
Card stock: Bazzill (aqua, white); Recollections (grey)
DP: Echo Park - Metropolitan Dots & stripes (navy stripe); LYB - Generation Z (grey/black chevron); MME - Everyday Tango (fuchsia)
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Nine Lives (cat, purrrfect day, fish, paw, mouse); Hullabaloo (Happy Birthday)
Ink: Tsukineko - Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk
Markers: Marvy Uchida - pink, light cool grey
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Small Classic Scalloped Circles Nesties; Fiskars corner rounder

4 comments:

  1. ACK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your background stamping and how you stamped that cat on the inside of your card! TOOOOOOOOOO cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Great use of our colors!!! THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Cool Shades challenge! Hope you play along with our Picture Perfect challenge this week:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. Love how he's peeking out of the corner on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.