Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Love.../PS Sparks Challenge: Picture Perfect

Hello my friends. I hope that your Sunday is going well. I am hurrying to get this posted as the challenge ends in a couple hours. ;)  I made this for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge: Picture Perfect. I have been agonizing over the inspiration picture. It's really thrown me for a loop! Anyway, here is what I came up with...finally:


and the inside:


Here is the inspiration picture:


It's totally adorable! But I was drawing a blank all week on how to interpret it. Finally, at the (almost) last minute, I zeroed in on the background with the roses and light green. And I thought 'I have paper like that somewhere!' So after racking my brain to remember where I saw it, I dug the collection out of my paper stack. (yes, I'm a paper hoarder, it's a sickness....really!) Le' Romantique by Graphic 45 to my rescue! There is a page of die cut frames and I used the one that resembles the background. The rest just fell together...luckily! I used the new Paper Smooches dies that go along with the Reflections set. I stamped off the images first on a piece of scrap paper before stamping on the die cuts. Added a little lace, a sentiment, some pearls for the flower centers and done! Nothing like working under pressure to get your creative juices flowing! LOL!

So that's it for tonight. I hope that you have a great evening. Thanks for stopping by!

Chris

Supplies:
Card stock: Recollections; DCWV
DP: Graphic 45 - Le' Romantique
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Reflections; Hubby & Wifey; Good Gab
Ink: Memento - Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa; Clear Snap - Chestnut Roan, Gold
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; Therm-o-web Dots; American Crafts Foam Dots; Recollections - red tape
Dies: Paper Smooches - Reflections Flowers & Leaves Dies
Lace: Simplicity

8 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Chris, love your frame & lace - this would be just perfect for the Catered Crop Framed Challenge too!
    http://cateredcrop.com/2013/03/03/framed-recipe-swap/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, what a great interpretation of the photo! I know I'd have trouble figuring out where to start! Fab-U-lous card girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have agonized this week, but you totally nailed the inspiration photo, Chris! Love the papers you used and love the pretty framework. Looks like a window scene is a beautiful spring garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If not for the last minute, I'd never get anything done :) I LOVE how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, you did the inspirational picture justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I LOVE the inspiration picture, too cute!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Wow, that frame is so pretty. Love the inspiration too-that's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love how you used the soft colors--FUN layered flowers and frame!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! There's still time to play along with us and our Trend Watch: SMILES challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.