Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Medusa.../SBS/MM287

Happy Wednesday morning to you! I think Spring finally grew a backbone and is kicking Winter out on it's butt! Going to be in the low 50's today, but the temperature goes up everyday from now on! (at least for the next week!) BONUS! I can't wait to put away my winter coat, hat, and gloves! Bring on the Spring weather!

Today I'd like to share a card I made for both the Simply Betty Stamps March Fanpage Challenge and also for Mojo Mondays #287:


And the inside of my card:


Here is the sketch:


Ok, now that you've snorted coffee/tea/cola out of your nose, here are some details. ☺ For the Simply Betty Stamps challenge, she is very generous and gives you the digi image to use for free, plus some prompts. For this month (March, which this challenge ends on Friday), the image is Medusa and you have to create a card using black, cream and your choice of one color. I chose green. Now, in order to get the free image you DO have to join the group first, then request the image be emailed to you. And most importantly, you have to use the stamp for the challenge it's for. (It's only fair - she's GIVING you a free digi!) No problem there! I'm very new to using digi stamps. (This is only my second card I've made using one! You'll have to wait to see what I did using another Simply Betty Stamp! - future post)

Coloring hair is NOT my strength. I spent a good amount of time the last couple of days researching how to add highlights/lowlights to hair. Watched countless tutorials on YouTube. Stalked blogs. Really took a good look at other artists' work to get a sense of how to color. I got to tell ya, I am THRILLED at how well my snakes turned out! (Yep, patting myself on the back!)

So then, I had to come up with a sentiment for the inside. This kept me up for quite a while as I lay in bed, pondering what to do. Then it hit me! And I laughed out loud. And woke up my husband and the dog! I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep. (I did eventually, but I'm barely functioning this morning.) All hail to Caffeine!

So there you have it. I'm going to go and admire my card some more! LOL! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Chris

Supplies:
Stamp: Simply Betty Stamps - Medusa
Card Stock: Bazzill
Strathmore water color paper
DP: Echo Park - Times & Seasons
Markers: Marvy Uchida
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Lacey Ovals Nesties; MME - brad; Recollections - Ribbon, Rhinestones; Colorbok - Black Metal Dots; Fiskars corner rounder; Sentiment - computer generated

12 comments:

  1. Great card Chris! You did a fab job with the colouring and the digi!!
    Love the inside sentiment hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS! I love it :) ANd her asps look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! If I had an asps like that, I'd shake for all to see. Love your coloring too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colouring not just on the hair but on the dress too, looks fab, and great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your coloring is great! Love the gran as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess it pays to start reading your blog post from the top down instead of the other way...for a second I really thought you were coloring your own hair. This is so beautiful and your hair coloring skills are amazing. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, toooooo funny! You are a crack up! And I think your coloring looks uh-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job, love the sketch you followed too
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again! This time to tell you I have a blog award for you :)
    http://onecraftymama-onecraftymama.blogspot.ca/2013/04/liebster-award-blushes.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha! That's so cute and funny. Never thought Medusa could be cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.