Sunday, May 19, 2013

2013.../Sweet Sunday Sketch #184

Hello my lovelies! I hope that you had a relaxing Sunday today. Andy and I went to see the movie Oblivion today, and if you are SciFi geeks like we are, I definitely recommend you see this movie - it's fantastic!

Anyhooo, onto a card I'd like to share with you all. I based my card from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #184:


Here is the inside:


and the sketch:


I followed the sketch pretty closely this time. I have two nephews and one niece who go to the same high school and are all graduating this year. (and 5 total graduating this year from high school and 2 from college. Apparently, it was a fertile year for our families when those 5 were conceived! LOL!) I used the school colors and mascot again for this card. Instead of the banner, I used a diploma sticker that I had in my stash. (It feels good to finally use what you have hoarded, doesn't it?!)

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and hope you get to play along with this challenge! Have a great evening!

Chris

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday, Everyday Sayings
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Studio Calico - Snippets
Card stock: Bazzill Basics
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik, 3D foam squares; Scotch Scrapbooking glue
Accessories: Grand Calibur, Standard Lg & Sm Circle Nesties; MFT - Star Border Die-Namics; Sticko Diploma sticker; number stickers; Mascot printed from internet

5 comments:

  1. Awesome graduation card and a fabulous take on that sketch. Love the personalization with the eagle and love the star border! The diploma sticker is a great touch.
    We went to see Oblivion last weekend......LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky grads in your family! The cards are awesome!
    Oblivion huh...hmmmmm will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking card!! Love that you used their school mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving the mascot - and what is that about kids coming in groups like that? Every family has a cluster somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.