Friday, July 12, 2013

Hope Your Day Rocks!

Good morning and TGIF!!! I want to share a card I made just for fun. I do have someone in mind for this. One of my neighbors is celebrating his birthday today, and he happens to be a radio announcer, so I made an artistic version of a sound board on his card! (Yes, I know, it's a major stretch!) LOL! Check it out:


Here's the inside:


He's also a major Orioles fan, so, except for the red, I kept the card in the O's colors. On the main panel, I drew a light line in pencil to line up the yellow 'lights', then stamped orange and red randomly above it. I drew a line using a pen under the lights, then stamped the play/stop/reverse, etc. icons. I tried stamping the sentiment in Clear Snap orange chalk ink then covering with clear embossing powder, but I over heated one side of it. Grrrr!!! Oh well. I finished the inside and was done!

This set has such fun stamps for scene building. If you have it, break it out and get crafty! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

Chris
Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Be Boppin, Digits (Happy Birthday)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Dandelion, Lady Bug; Clear Snap - Orange; Versa Mark
Card stock: DCWV card base; Recollections - black, white
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik
Accessories: American Crafts - bold Slick Writer pen; Stampendous clear EP; heat gun; Fiskars corner rounder

8 comments:

  1. OMWord, how creative this is! And how perfect for your neighbor! This is awesome, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it just perfect, looks like my sound thing when I click on it on the computer. So an A+ for you. Awesome Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo fun!!! Love the sound bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card Chris. Love the images and the colors... very retro/teen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Chris! This is too awesome - what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.