Saturday, August 10, 2013

Drunken Stampers #136 - Place: A Beach

Good Morning and happy Saturday to you! It's time again for another challenge at Drunken Stampers! For this term, the challenges will be either a person, a place, or a thing, and will alternate each week! How cool is that?!! You can create a project using the main objective, or the sub title, or go bold and use BOTH! HA! This week's challenge is a Place: A Beach, with the option to use water/the beach/tropics as your theme.



Team Tropical Hooters (Love that name! Our team names are based on drink names! LOL!) is up to bat this week to amaze you with their crafty genius! Here is what I came up with:


Here is the inside:


This was such a fun challenge to create for. Mainly because the beach IS my Happy Place! There's nothing more relaxing than parking your butt in a beach chair with the sun on your face, the smell of the salty breeze and suntan lotion, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, and a cold drink in your hand! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

I wanted to create a scene for my card, and since I have a ton of beach themed stickers, I went to town using them! The background panel was made with scraps of blue card stock and two different patterned papers to mimic sky, ocean, and sand. After those were adhered, I just picked a bunch of dimensional stickers to make the scene. Even though the umbrella already was sticky on the back, I only adhered the pole directly to the back panel, but used foam dots on the umbrella. (I wanted the top of the chair to fit under the umbrella.)  I die cut some clouds and adhered, and stamped the sentiment. Finished the inside with another sentiment and a pair of sunglasses and I was done!

I hope you have the chance to play along with the Drunken Stampers this week! Oh, and don't forget to check out what my Tropical Hooters teammates came up with! You won't be disappointed!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!!

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Get Outta Town
Ink: Memento - Nautical Blue
DP: DCWV (tan); EK Success (blue)
Card stock: Recollections
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik; American Crafts - foam dots; Elmer's extra strength glue stick
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Paper Smooches Dies: Clouds, Borders 1; Jolee's - various stickers; Fiskars corner rounder

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great card. You did a great job using the theme. I love the words. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it! Love the bright colours and the itsy crab in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're card is fresh and inviting. I'd like to sit in that chair! And that crab is fab! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and so true!! Wish I was at the beach in that chair right now (well maybe not this minute-it's late).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think perhaps today should be a beach day....Abby LOVES the water too :) The teeny details on this just make it so much more awesome - the headphones, the crab...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Chris, just want to be on that lounger chilling!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!! I absolutely loooooooooooove this card-- that beach scene is just tooooo cute! I want to go to the beach now (I only live 20 minutes from it.... and it's the perfect day for it!!! You've inspired me- in more ways than one!!)!!!! I love how you've used those PS stamps-- they match this theme/the stickers perfectly! FAB FAB FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little beach scene! Totally my happy place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS scene!!! Perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.