Saturday, November 16, 2013

Drunken Stampers Challenge #150: Person - Elvis

Good Morning friends! It's Saturday and that means a new challenge is up at the Drunken Stampers Challenge Blog! This week for our Person, Place, or Thing challenge is a person. That person is Elvis!


We challenge you to create a project based on Elvis, music, or you can go all out and combine BOTH! The Tropical Hooters team is up this week and here is what I came up with:


(here is the inside of my card:)

You can't read this without Elvis' southern accent, can you?! LOL! I admit, this challenge had me stumped at first. But when I started looking for Elvis clipart, I came across this image and knew right away what I wanted to do! I started with a white card base and covered the front with glitter paper. After printing out the image, I trimmed the main panel to size and adhered it with foam squares. I stamped the word bubble and thank you, fussy cut, and adhered with more foam squares. I then sprinkled the panel with gold sequins and clear rhinestones. I mean, really, doesn't glitter, sequins, rhinestones and Elvis go hand in hand?! ☺ I printed out the inside sentiment with a font that closely matched the font on the stamp and that was that!

I hope that you get a chance to play along this week with the Drunken Stampers! Please be sure to stop by the blogs of my teammates to see what they all came up with! Have a fabulous day!

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Chris
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Many Thanks, He Said She Said
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: American Crafts glitter paper
Card stock: Recollections
Accessories: Elvis clipart from internet; Nicole - sequins; rhinestones from my stash; inside sentiment printed from Microsoft Word
Adhesives: SA by 3L - EZ Runner, 3D foam squares; Helmar 450 glue

9 comments:

  1. He he love the inside of your card brilliant :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your genius is unparalleled, me dear :) You've done me (and the King) proud. He told me so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were talking on the phone with him! Thanks sweetie!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I can ever make another thank you card, this one is just. too. perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. very awesome! you did the King proud, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Totally adorable and brilliant design, Chris! And yes, I totally read this in my head in Elvis' southern accent! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple design--Love the Glitz of the glitter paper background and Love the Glamour of the gold & silver sequins!! That's total Elvis bling--I can see one of his suits in your card!! Great card!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Fab card for the challenge !!!
    Thank you, thank you very much (for sharing your awesome card) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.