Saturday, October 4, 2014

SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS #18 - I is for Iconic!

For my Just Us Girls post, simply scroll down.

Hello and good morning peeps! Happy World Card Making Day to you all! You all ready to get your craft on and make some cards today? Well, here's a great challenge for you to play along at the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS:


Who knew Edna had a smokin' hot bod under that frock she's always wearing! LOL! This fortnight we challenge you to make a card or project using a famous person, place, or thing. I admit, this was kind of a hard challenge for me. But as usual, my procrastination super powers came through and this is what I came up with (yesterday afternoon!):


...and the inside:

Charlie Brown's shirt, with the perfect snarky sentiment! LOVE! I swear, this card was done in 10 minutes - a personal best for me!! What took the longest was stamping the alpha letters (as straight as possible - which is not so straight in my case.)

So, ready to play along? Of course you are! Simply make a card or project based on an Iconic person, place, or thing, and link it up at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Don't forget to check out what my teammies, and our newest Guest Designer - Lynn, has created for your viewing pleasure! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Studio G - alpha stamps
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
CS: scraps
Accessories: Grand Calibur; Edgeabilities - Mix & Match Classic Edges die
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent


7 comments:

  1. Muahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha I adore that you put "good grief" on the inside...that HAS to be the most iconic shirt ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the good grief sentiment! It's amazing Charlie Brown's shirt never wore out, no wonder it's so iconic! Your procrastination mojo was working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't look right if the letter were perfectly straight, silly! I really love this idea (and card!) you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the only way to stamp letters, make it so you planned them helter skelter. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! Absolutely iconic and PERFECT! I love Charlie Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THey're perfectly stamped! Any teensy wonkyness just adds to the frustration you can hear in those phrases, lol :) I love this SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful choice! I can just him missing that kick when Lucy snatches the ball.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.