Tuesday, November 4, 2014

SHOPPING OUR STASH #176: Leaf Me Alone


Hello and good morning to you all! For those participating, did you remember to turn back your clocks on Saturday? We forgot. I got up at 7:45 am only to realize that it was actually 6:45. Ah, Daylight Savings time in the fall: an extra hour of not being able to sleep! HA! 

Anyhooo, for our next challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we'd like to see a leaf or leaves on your project. Here's the card I made:


...and the inside:

I used the sketch from CTS#98 for my card. All paper and embellies are from the Nightfall collection. That black label was plain so I took a gold marker and doodled around it. Looked really cool....until I smudged it. Turns out, the labels are chalkboard labels. Ink doesn't dry on it. Oops. I'm just gonna say the smudges were put there on purpose, because I meant to do that! (wink) Anyway, a couple stamped sentiments and some added stickers later, and I was just about done. Then came the circle elements. What to do? What to do? Then: (insert brightly lit light bulb over my head here) You know how some 12" x 12" papers have that extra 1/2 inch strip at the bottom with the company name/collection/item#/etc? And some even have that part printed with designs to match said collection? Well this one did, and on one of them, there they were, the tiny little leaves, same size as the tree sticker had. So, yes, I fussy cut those little buggers and adhered them with glue dots. Thankfully, I only had to cut five of them. I like how it looks as though they are falling from the tree, and one was taken by a light breeze and got caught on the 'n'. ☺

Ok, so now it's your turn. You know you have paper/stamps/silk/etc. leaves in your stash - time to get those out and make something with them! Be sure to link up your project at Shopping Our Stash! Also, please check out what my teammates created and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for hanging out with me. Hope you have a great day!

Chris

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Autumn Groves; Hero Arts - Celebrate Everyday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP/stickers/label: American Crafts - Nightfall 
CS: Darice
Accessories: Fiskars - corner rounder; Sakura - Gold Gelly Roll pen
Adhesives: SA by 3L - MyStik permanent, 3D foam squares; Glue Dots



7 comments:

  1. That's one benefit of the matchy-matchy - using the parts from the paper to match the sticker. It looks FABulous! And yes, you TOTALLY meant to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok,see, i would never have known the gold on the sticker was NOT on purpose, it's so totally perfect! love everything about this, missus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job on the challenge. love everything about it. I go to bed at 11 turn the clock back and voila I don't have a problem with the fall back thing. I do the same in the spring but go to bed at 10 after turning my clock ahead. these work for me if not I'm bummed for a long while adjusting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, CAS design. Nice color palette as well!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. You absolutely meant to do that! Those teeny leaves were perfect - love that!
    I hate the time change. I never used to, but the kids don't adapt well and spend DAYS going on about it. (ain't nobody got time for that. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can't even see the smudges, so I think the gold outlining looks fabulous. And kuddos to you for fussy cutting those tiny leaves! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smudges...what smudges?? You did a fab job with the gold doodling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.