Saturday, May 16, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #293 - Color Week


Hello all! I'm hosting this week at JUST US GIRLS! Just so you know, I'm in Illinois for a week or so to help out my parents. They don't have internet service (since they don't have a computer) so it will be sketchy for me to comment, but I'll do my best to catch up when I'm home!

I'm not sure how the weather is in your neck of the woods, but out where I live we had maybe 2 or 3 weeks of Spring then BAM! Straight to Summer! LOL! That got me thinking (even more so) about the beach and swimming in the ocean. So I found this gorgeous place setting with a beachy/ocean vibe to it for Color Week! I've picked 5 colors to work with (you only need to use a minimum of 3 of them) plus any neutrals. While I was stalking looking on Pinterest, I came across this tag by Wanda Cullen, and I needed to CASE it! LOL! Here's my version:


I was able to use all 5 colors and my scrap pile has been slightly diminished! Yay me! I'm going to use this as a bookmark (when I'm sitting on the beach, with a glass of wine at hand, reading a good book!) 

I hope you get the chance to play along for Color Week at Just Us Girls! I look forward to seeing what you create! Please be sure to check out what the rest of the team, and our GD Tenia Nelson, came up with to inspire you. Remember that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our May challenges, you'll be in the running as our Guest Designer for the month of July! Have fun and thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
CS & DP: scraps
Accessories: GC; Taylored Expressions - Flip Flops dies, Sweet & Simple Alpha Upper dies; Cuttlebug EF from the James Set; May Arts ribbon; MME twine; Michael's sun charm; Fray Check; X-Acto knife; hole punch
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Scotch Scrapbooker's glue; Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. Terrific tag--so creative & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bookmark for the beach! This is definitely relaxing to look at! Beautiful tag and great colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those teeny flip flops! And the total summer feel you've captured with this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colour challenges are harrrrrrd, EDMT! But I'll try :) This bookmark totally rocks. The entire experience right there on that scrap of paper - *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cool. Fabulous tag Chris. So many lovely elements added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Chris! Very cool with those waves and the way you picked up on the shore vibe of the photo with your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, this is fabulous!! Brilliant little beach scene here, and gorgeous colors! I LOVE your layered waves, and could those little flip flops be any more perfect? Don't think so!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER FUN! Love this beachy tag and your shadowed word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one fabulous tag......absolutely love it! Great use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super tag Chris! Summer is definitely here as well! 90 today! Great color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.