Saturday, May 30, 2015

JUST US GIRLS #295 - Wild Card!



Hey all! There's a new challenge starting today at JUST US GIRLS! It's Wild Card Week, and the lovely Sharyn is your Hostess! She's chosen Paper Piecing as the challenge. Easy. Simple, Fun! Here's the card I came up with:


 Here's the inside:

So, being the oddball that I am, instead of stamping an image and paper piecing that, I decided to die cut the word, birthday, and paper piece that. Using mostly scraps (woo hoo!) I cut two in dark brown card stock, and the rest from 8 different scraps of patterned paper. I glued the two pieces of brown together, because I wanted a bit of dimension when finished. Then each letter next. (and now I have 7 more cards I can do like this! LOL!) Before adhering everything down, I embossed the front of the card, lightly inked the raised pattern, and stamped Happy and Dad. For the inside, I cut another panel to size, embossed, inked and stamped the sentiment before adhering to the base. (I just can't seem to do a one layered card. They seem so flimsy to me! LOL!) 

I hope you get the chance to play along this week at Just Us Girls! I'd love to see what you came up with! Please be sure to check out the fantastic creations that the other ladies, and our May Guest Designer, Tenia Nelson, have come up with! This is Tenias' last week joining us. Thank you so much for hanging out with us this month Tenia, and I hope to see your fabulous creations in our future challenges! 

Remember that if you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our May challenges, you'll be in the running to be our Guest Designer for the month of July! Good luck, and now go get your craft on! LOL!


I'd like to enter this at Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Birthday Buddies, Kinfolk, Happy Birthday
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger DI - Vintage Photo
DP: scraps
CS: Bazzill
Accessories: GC; Cuttlebug EF from the Heritage Set; Slice die cutter/Words & Expressions Family cartridge
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

8 comments:

  1. Way to show another way to use paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design! Love the use of sentiment and colors! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creative mind! Fun way to do that die cut sentiment with the cool embossed frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, LOVE it! The sentiment lettering looks so amazing against the tone on tone background! Really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fancy-schmancy embossed corners! And the fun placement of the "birthday" letters. At least the other seven cards don't all have to be for your dad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the BIG BOLD colourful BIRTHDAY piecing. Great idea. Great result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is freaking genius! I love the patterns & the yellow makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.