Tuesday, July 21, 2015

SHOPPING OUR STASH #211 - Don't Get Stressed. Get De-Stressed!



It's time for a new challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH! So, what do we mean by that sub-title? Well, we want you to create a card or project based on something that relaxes you! For example, does playing a musical instrument, or baking, or coloring, or sitting ocean side relax you? Then create something based on that! Here's what I made:


 and the inside:

To me, that sentiment says it all: the beach fixes everything! And I look forward to going there later this year! (happy happy joy joy!) I used bright happy colors, and while shopping my beach themed stickers, came across these cool flip flops. Score! The stickers were so old, they didn't stick any more. I had to apply a bit of Glossy Accents on the bottom side so they would. ☺ I stamped another sentiment on the inside and added (another ancient) shell sticker.

So, what relaxes you? Why not make a card or project based on that and link it up at Shopping Our Stash? While there, please check out the incredible things the other ladies have created to wow you, and leave them some bloggy love! Thanks for hanging out. I hope you have a great day!


Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession; Paper Smooches
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: DCWV; scraps
CS: Darice
Accessories: GC; Lg. Standard Circle Nesties; Walmart - flip flop stickers; Punch Studio - shell sticker; black marker; Cuttlebug - D-vine Swirls EF
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Ranger - Glossy Accents

10 comments:

  1. OMG, I thought I was the only one with stickers that don't stick! What a lucky find! I think this epitomizes why we're here. You certainly shopped your stash! HA!

    And I need to use my Paper Smooches Slang Gang set more. It's perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHILLAX!!!!!!!!!!!! best sentiment ever! which is the icing on the cake of this already AMAZING card!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chillax - ahhhhhh love it!! Counting down the sleeps til my island time! And yeah, WTF with stickers that don't stick????
    Love this card sistah! I am feeling more relaxed already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style lines on this card! It's a little bit retro-mod! And the colors are amazingly bright and lovely! You really knocked it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I am just lovin' on those flip flops! This is a fabulous project and the color integration is awesome. I love your savvy use of shapes and color to add excitement to this design!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card, love the flip-flops and awesome colours. fab. design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is perfectly summery and awesome! The bright colours and fun flip flops really say it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I totally agree! The ocean fixes everything! This is adorable, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute summer themed card! Love those flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the CHILLAX makes this just perfect! Love this bright colour combo too, so beachy :) (that felt funny saying beachy...and meaning beach. lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.