Sunday, July 31, 2016

One more Christmas card in July...

Hello friends and happy Sunday to you. It's the last day in July, can you believe that? Where did this month go?! Pretty soon the kiddies will be heading back to school (insert secret squeal of joy here) and the days will be noticeably shorter. (how depressing)

So, to send off July, I made a Christmas card:


 Here's the inside:

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly this card came together. Quite possibly in under an hour. (It takes roughly at least 2 hours for me to make a card, because I agonize over which stamps, or DP, or colors, or embellies, or sketch, etc. to use. I can never make up my mind) I think what took the longest on this card was the placement of those alpha stickers (HO HO HO). Yep, those are ancient stickers from my stash. Made of thin paper. And I rearranged them at least 12 times. Yikes! 

Anyhoo, the planets must have aligned last night, since I'm able to enter this card in three challenges:

Jingle Belles - We Three Kings (my 3 is the HO HO HO)
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - pick a sketch - I used the May 2016 sketch

 


Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have an enjoyable day!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Merry Christmas Message
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
DP: Graphic 45 - Christmas Emporium
CS: Bazzill, Darice
Accessories: GC; SB - Std Sm & Lg Oval Nesties; K & Co - Santa stickers; Recollections - alpha stickers
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner

6 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, love your card fab. job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect triple-play sentiment ... love that you joined us as we celebrate THREEs at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Love the vintage feel to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est une très mignonne carte Chris, je te remercie d'avoir choisi mon sketch et tu l'as très joliment interprété, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card, and YES, under an hour is a FASSSSSST make for me, too! thanks for helping us celebrate trios at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!

    (please notice how i'm resisting a "3 ho's" comment... totally resisting... not even thinking about it...) :0 :0 :0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.