Tuesday, September 12, 2017

SHOPPING OUR STASH #320 - Emboss Like A Boss


Hello and welcome friends!
This week at
we have an easy challenge for you:
Use heat embossing AND dry embossing on your projects!

For my card, I heat embossed the floral background stamp in gold, then
water colored it using various Memento inks smooshed onto my craft mat,
and a water brush. (as always, my supply list is at the end of my post)
This particular stamp also came with a matching embossing folder (bonus!)
so I used it for the dry embossing:


 You can see the some of the dry embossed areas better here:

 and the inside:


I did use 5 inks on this card. Tangelo (mandarin), Elderberry (verve violet), Teal Zeal (turquish),
Summer Sky (resonant blue) and Nautical Blue (honorable blue). Tangelo and Elderberry for the flowers, Teal Zeal for the flourishes, and Summer Sky for the background with Nautical Blue around
the edges, using a water brush. Water coloring is not my strength. LOL! After everything was dry, I used a couple PrismaColor pencils to add dimension to the flowers, then I ran the panel through my Grand Calibur using the accompanying embossing folder. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum and attached it to the main panel, then die cut a stitched frame to adhere over it. 
Another stamped sentiment finishes the inside.

I hope you get a chance to play along this week at Shopping Our Stash! We'd love
to see your take on our challenge! If you need more ideas, then simply
visit the blogs of my teammies to see their amazing creations!
Thanks for visiting!



I'd like to enter this card at:
The Flower Challenge #12 - tic tac toe (embossing, water color, blue)
Naughty or Nice #43 - framed (I went Nice this time around. LOL!)

 




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts/Sizzix - floral background stamp & matching EF; Gina K - Sweet Thing;  Stampendous - Wishing you many...
Ink: VersaMark; Memento - Tangelo, Teal Zeal, Elderberry, Nautical Blue, Summer Sky
CS: TE; Strathmore Mixed Media paper
Accessories: MISTI; Kuretake water brush; Stampendous - champagne EP; Inkadinkado - black EP;
heat gun; PrismaColor pencils; GC; MFT - Stitched Rectangle Frame die; Recollections - Vellum;
Hampton Arts - rhinestones
Adhesives: SA by 3L - tape runner; Recollections - tacky tape







10 comments:

  1. Great card, nice to have matching ef and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that the stamp and folder match! I was wondering how you did that! Great colors for this time of year, too... Late summer...🌞

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the embossing and framing and your background is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Chris, what a beautiful card, love all the colors you used on this pretty flowers.
    I never new there were stamps with companion embossing folders and I think this is pretty awesome.
    Fabulous card for our SOS challenge and also, thank you for sharing it with us over at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play with us again next time.
    Big hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, Chris! So glad you've joined us for our 'Framed' Challenge at Naughty or Nice, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh la la la la la this is soooooooooo super pretty!
    I love the colours, the flowers, the design...just awesome...possum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty birthday card!!! Love the coloring and added dry embossing onto it! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute! I love your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenge! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floral card is stunning! Love the embossing and the water coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.