Thursday, April 5, 2018

STAMPlorations April Challenge


Hi there and happy Thursday to you!
I'm back with a project I made for the

 We want to see your projects where your sentiment is
the main focus. Here's the canvas panel I made:




After a coat of gesso dried, I brayered some bright, neon acrylic paints onto my canvas.
Over that I stenciled some white paint lightly through the
Flower Stencil. Once that layer dried I brayered some more bright colors
over the white. This is how it looks so far:


Next I used one of the colors to add another layer using the
Dots All Over stencil. Once the paint dried, I doodled around all the
dots with a gold Gelly Roll pen.


You can see the gold doodling in this pic.


At this point I really liked the design, but I took that leap of faith and
covered most of it up with black paint. I used the 
Art Happens mask and pounced black acrylic paint over and around it.
I'm not very good using masks and paint, because the paint seeped under
the mask in a lot of places. No fear, I just lined up the mask and traced 
around it with the gold pen.
(Now it looks like I totally meant to do that! LOL!)


I was then compelled to add splatters all around the panel. I kept the mask
in place while I did this. 


At this point, I applied gloss varnish to the panel to seal it.
While that dried, I die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves out of bright card stock
I glued the leaves and flowers to my panel, and added sequins as a finishing touch.
One more look:


I hope you find some time to join in the April challenge
at STAMPlorations. We'd love to see what you make using 
sentiments as your focal point! Don't forget there are prizes to
be had. You can read all about it on the main blog. 

Feel the need to purchase any of the items I used (or anything else) at
the STAMPlorations store? Want a discount?
Simply use the discount code
STAMPGIRLCHRIS
for 20% off!!
(this is not case sensitive, and cannot be combined with other discounts)
 
Thanks for visiting and I hope that you have a great day!






Supplies:
Substrate: US Art Supply - canvas panel
DecoArt Media - Gesso
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Scorching Yellow, Thermal Green, Sizzling Pink, Bright Orange, Purple Pizzazz, Bluegrass Green, Ebony Black, Titanium White
brayer
various paint brushes
STAMPlorations - Art Happens mask, Flower Puzzles and Dots All Over stencils
Sakura - gold Gelly Roll pen
DecoArt - Gloss Varnish
STAMPlorations - Trendy Spring Blooms CUTplorations dies
scrap card stock
Grand Calibur
Ranger - Multi Medium Matte
Darice - sequins

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Chris, this looks fabulous - pour yourself a glass of wine to celebrate it's wonderfulness! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.